~thank the person who nominated me for the award
~copy the logo and place it on my blog
~link to the person who nominated me
~list 7 things people may not know about me
~nominate 7 creative bloggers
~post their links
~leave a comment on each
7 things you may not know about me:
1. I have an obsession with rearranging our apartment. And not just the centerpieces or in celebration of a new season or holiday! Patrick is so sweet and willingly moves furniture back and forth. I know by the time I find a perfect spot for everything, it will be time to move :)
2. We LOVE decorating for Christmas. Some of our traditions while decorating are: play the incredible Amy Grant Christmas CD, watch It's a Wonderful Life (my pick) and Christmas Vacation (Patrick's pick), bake something christmasy, and take our time enjoying the few days it takes to decorate.
3. I love Johnson's baby lotion. The pink bottle is the Best!! Oh and the smell of a freshly bathed baby lotioned with Johnson's powdery scent...heavenly
4. I have a goal list from freshman year of high school in a little notebook calendar. I still refer to it and make a big deal when I get to check something off!
5. I have a special love for the Spanish language. I am far from fluent, but have always dreamed of teaching our kids Spanish, so I guess I better start studying.
6. My dad would be disappointed if I didn't mention this next one :) On a special trip with him to California, we ended up being extras in the movie Kicking and Screaming (with Will Ferrell) It was such a fun experience! So next time you watch that movie- look for me! (hint: I'm in a coffee shop scene and I'm a horrible actress!)
7. I get very frantic when I see treasures in other people's trash pile (although sometimes I get embarrassed and sneakily return at night). I impulsively yell for Patrick to pull over just so I can take the broken chair home and add to the unfinished craft pile in the basement. Hopefully one day they will make it on the blog!
The past few days have been a blur. My sweet Papaw went home to be with the Lord on early Saturday morning. His family surrounded him with prayer and singing... after my uncle finished playing "I'll fly away" on the guitar, he took his last breath.
Everything happened so quickly. Just two weeks ago he was diagnosed with cancer and it was already too late for treatments. Three weeks ago, he was at the grandchildren's ball games and watching my sister as she was crowned Homecoming Queen. My parents were in Israel this past week and despite tremendous efforts to come home earlier, their plane just landed in Louisville. Please pray for my mom... obviously this is not how she expected things to be when she returned. It has been extremely difficult this past weekend, but I can't imagine being in a foreign country, helpless and away from siblings and your kids, with no way to get home. The Lord has given her such strength. I was able to talk with her Friday and she said they had just driven to Old Jerusalem. My parents said it was amazing to see Old Jerusalem, knowing that her dad was about to see the New Jerusalem.
We have all felt a peace from the Lord and know so many prayers are being lifted up. We know Papaw is in heaven with his Savior and Healer. We reminded him many times to give our Nana B. (our grandma and his first wife who passed away from breast cancer 13 years ago) a great big hug for each of us! What an amazing reunion!!
Here are a few pictures I found on my computer of Papaw.
He was a great dancer (dancing the whole time at our rehearsal dinner), loved finding old Sinatra records for Patrick, great singer and loved going to Jamborees, and our biggest fan (visited countless games and track meets of his grand children), an amazing father, husband, and papaw.